This is a super yummy dish. Even the kids ate it!
Here’s how it all goes together.
- Roast your brocoli – I used frozen, so had to par-boil it first.
- Lay it out on an oven tray with 5-6 cloves of garlic
While that’s cooking, cook the pecans.
- Take 3 TBSP butter and melt it in a small skillet.
- Add 1/2 cup pecans to the melted butter
- Add 1 heaping TSP salt to the pecans – add more or less to taste
- Fry until the pecans are soft and just barely start to turn color
- Take them off the heat, but leave in the skillet, still occasionally stirring – I also chopped mine up with the spoon once they got soft enough
When the brocoli and garlic is done, 15-20 minutes in the oven, chop the garlic into mushy goodness and drop both into a bowl. Add:
- 1-2 TBSP of lemon juice
- 1 TBSP of mayonaise
- Cooled Pecans
The lemon/garlic/butter/salt makes a savory contrast with the sweet of the pecans and brocoli. Serve! Yum!!!