This is simply a recipe post. I made a killer steak for Easter dinner tonight and want to share the OMG of it all.
I made 3 small steaks for 8 people. They were all very lean. But then I hammered them. Literally.
- Get out your meat hammer and pulp the steaks. (I imagined the woman who basically fired me back in December…) The steaks were 3/4 – 1 inch thick.
- Cut 2 cloves of garlic in half. Rub the steaks with those garlic halves on both sides.
- Spray with Pam, salt & pepper on both sides.
- Let sit for 20 minutes.
- In that time, take 6 TBSP of butter and chop in your food processor. Add 4 TBSP of blue cheese. Create a whipped product. When done, add 2 more TBSP of blue cheese & pulse 2-3 times, just to mix.
- Take the other 2 TBSP from the stick and melt on the stove. Fry 1 onion and the 2 cloves of garlic until soft and slightly browned.
- Broiler to high.
- Steaks go in for 3 minutes each side for a rare – medium cook.
- When done, add onion/garlic mix to each steak top and a generous helping of the butter/blue cheese mix on top of that.
- Broil to the melt point
- Add more blue cheese mix.
- Let the meat rest.
After, you get this…