I have excitedly been waiting on the proof of concept of the cold house for several weeks. Happy day!
We have sprouting spinach, lettuces and radish on 12/8/11, in zone 4. The combination of hardy veg and two layers of insulation (the green house and cold hoops inside) create a micro climate which actually rains inside! I’m so thrilled I can’t even express it!
In other news, I’m making more laundry detergent
Here’s how too do it:
- 1 large bar of soap, grated
- 2 quarts of water in a LARGE pan, boiling
Disolve the soap in the water by boiling it.
- Add another 2 quarts of water to the boiling water and heat that up too.
- 2 cups Washing Soda
- 3 cups Borax
- Add 4 more quarts of cold water
——If you want, you can stop here. Alternate ingredients
- 2 TBSP Glycerine
- 1 TBSP Emulsifyer – I use a product called Ecomulse
- Scent if you wish
Pull out your immersion blender and go to town on it. Let it cool overnight. Blend again. Wait another 12 hours and blend. I do this for 2 days. I then pour it into cleaned out bleach containers – they pour better.